What We Do
- Assist families in educational, residential, and employment placements and
transition planning for their family member with an intellectual disability.
- Provide public education on intellectual disabilities.
- Provide individual and family support.
- Arrange for respite caregivers.
- Provide recreational clubs for kids and teens and young adults from September to June.
- Provide summer day camps for children, teens and young adults.
- Provide semi-monthly dances for adults September to June.
- Provide a drama program.
- Buddies staff provide companionship for the children who live in a long term care facility.
- One to one support for children/youth with disabilities living in long term foster care.
- Provide employment opportunity for young people beginning their careers working with
persons who have disabilities.